What is a traceability certificate?
A traceability certificate is a document that confirms that the result of a measurement can be related to stated references, usually national or international standards, through an unbroken chain of comparisons all having stated uncertainties. The stated reference is usually a National Metrology Institute (NMI) such as the NRC or NIST.
The phrases traceable to NIST and traceable to NRC are often used in requirements and contracts. These phrases indicate that a measurement is related to a particular primary realization of an SI definition.
The traceability certificates Dracal can provide are traceable to SI through the NRC and are always emitted by ISO/IEC 17025 accredited laboratories.
To learn more about traceability certification, consult this blog post on the topic.
Calibration and traceability
Dracal Technologies guarantees that its devices meet the accuracy stated in its product data sheet. To do so, many of our products undergo high-precision factory calibration here in Canada. In addition, Dracal devices for which traceability certificates are available, and which are furthermore equipped with the 3-point user calibration mechanism, can be calibrated by the laboratory responsible for issuing the certificates, at no additional cost (other than that of the certificates themselves). Under this action, you will receive a device both calibrated and certified in the ISO/IEC 17025 accredited laboratory.
The laboratories Dracal Technologies Inc. work with for issuing traceable certificates have an ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation granted by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC).
How to order
First you add the required certificate(s) to your cart from the Order now button on the corresponding product page. Then you checkout and pay.
What happens next?
- We receive your order and contact you by email to establish the required calibration points (temperature, pressure, etc.)
- You confirm your requirements. From this point, the certificates are not refundable and non-modifiable.
- The products are sent to the lab. After up to 10 business days, certificates are issued.
- The certificates and the products are packed together and shipped.
Terms and conditions
- Certificates are non-refundable. Products may still be returned, however.
- Certificates cannot be purchased alone. i.e. If you buy a certificate, your cart must also contain the product it applies to.
- Certificates only apply to one product, but we can emit several certificates for the same product.
- Multi-point certificates only apply to one product.
- Up to 10 additional business days may be required to process orders containing certificates. We will only do one shipment, even if some of the ordered items do not require certification. Please place two separate orders if you need those sooner.